Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The mister is safely tucked away in Texas. He is far from home but in my heart daily. Its amazing how much distance can actually bring people together and your souls reconnect from the anticipation of the what if's!

The kid is coping daily and its not easy. Its a struggle. He still can't figure out where his daddy is at or why he isn't able to see him. This is by far the longest he has ever been w/o seeing his father. The talk all the time so he is comforted by the sound of the voice he's heard since the day he was born but it still doesn't make up for the hugs, kisses, bedtime stories, car rides, trips to Sonic, and the wonderful bath time moments they had. I don't try to imitate the special moments. I can only do what's natural to me and that's love and protect him during this time. I can only do what the mister has asked of me and that is to help him maintain his bond and relationship with our son. That of course is not at all going to be difficult and may even be the easiest task thus far!

Communication and respect is the key to any successful relationship which includes parenting and I intend to continue to keep the mister informed on his son's progress because I know if the tables were turned he'd do the same for me.

Being Separated By Bars doesn't mean the inmate has to lose his sense of parenting or being a man, husband, son, uncle, or friend. Being Separated By Bars is the time to support your loved one when they need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment